Ionic Toothbrush System
Ionic Toothbrush System with replacement brush head.
Makes teeth repel plaque!
Dr. Tung's IONIC toothbrush may be the most advanced toothbrush in the world!
Unlike regular toothbrushes which try to force plaque off the teeth by friction, the IONIC brush makes the teeth let go of plaque, like turning off a magnet!
Plaque gets released even in hard to reach areas! It is clinically proven to be far more effective than a regular toothbrush and users report cleaner, whiter teeth and little or no plaque when visiting their dentist! It really works!
Actually, the whole object of brushing your teeth is to remove plaque, right? But a recent independent report showed that ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES, including SONICARE and ORAL-B, do not remove significantly more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush! Yet the Ionic toothbrush has been clinically shown to remove up to 48% more plaque than a manual brush!
That's why over 5 million have been sold in Japan, Europe and the USA! Many health-conscious consumers prefer the Ionic toothbrush over an electric toothbrush: silent, small and ready-to-use anywhere - it doesn't need a charger or adaptor.
- Comes with extra brush heads
- Integrated battery tester
Silent Ionic action
- Push button. Red light indicates that the battery has power and is working properly.
- If the light does not go on when testing, it is time to order a new IONIC toothbrush set.
- We recommend testing the battery monthly.
- The light does NOT go on when USING the toothbrush.
- After brushing, rinse and dry your Ionic Toothbrush and store in a dry place. (If your toothbrush lies in water / moisture, this will reduce the battery life and will void the warranty)
- It is preferable to store your toothbrush away from metal surfaces.
- Remove the brush head occasionally to rinse off toothpaste residue.
- All returns require a return authorization number (RMA) or will not be accepted.
- Returns must include a copy of the original invoice from drtungs.com, plus an RMA number, which can be obtained by simply emailing us at email@example.com.
- Items purchased at a retail store, third-party website or International location should be returned to that store/website under that company's standard returns policy.
- Replacement items will ONLY BE SHIPPED TO USA OR CANADIAN ADDRESSES. We DO NOT ship to any other countries.
A clinical meta-analysis of oscillating brushes (power and sonic) found that only certain types remove significantly more plaque than a manual toothbrush. And even then, the amount of plaque removed was only up to 11% more than a manual brush.
Research on the Ionic toothbrush showed that it removes up to 48% more plaque than a manual toothbrush. The Ionic toothbrush works on a different principle to other toothbrushes, making it extremely effective, even in hard-to-reach areas of the mouth
As dentists know, teeth normally have a negative polarity while plaque has an opposite or positive polarity. This is why plaque clings to your teeth.
The Ionic toothbrush from Dr. Tung's breaks this ionic bond by temporarily reversing the polarity of tooth surfaces as you brush. The plaque molecules are then repelled by the teeth and drawn to the negatively polarized bristles of the IONIC toothbrush.
Yes. There have been many studies demonstrating the effectiveness of the IONIC toothbrush. One important study at Marquette University School of Dentistry showed a very significant 36.17% reduction in plaque . This was up to 48% MORE effective than a manual toothbrush. The same study showed a big improvement in gingival health - up to 51% - for the IONIC toothbrush group.
Plaque scores were determined using the Turesky-Gilmore-Glickman Index. Likewise, gingival indices were determined using the Loe Silness Gingival Inflammation Index. Other studies in both Japan and the USA have shown similar improvements in plaque scores, as well as improvements in dental hypersensitivity.
The power cell lasts up to two years with normal use. It is easy to test the battery on our new Ionic toothbrush with integrated battery tester!
You can use the Ionic toothbrush with or without toothpaste since the cleaning action occurs through ionic action - reversing polarity to make teeth repel plaque - and not merely through the mechanical scrubbing action as occurs with other toothbrushes. (You have to use an abrasive like toothpaste with other toothbrushes to help with the mechanical cleaning, as with scrubbing a floor.)
The Ionic toothbrush on the other hand, makes teeth repel plaque and also attracts plaque to the toothbrush head, both due to Ionic technology. This means you do not have to brush so hard, which is better for the gums. You do need some fluid for the ionic effect to work - this can be water (a wet toothbrush head) or toothpaste, as per your preference.
Note: If you cannot easily remove the brush head, toothpaste residue build up on the metal rod may be the issue. You can loosen this residue by soaking your Ionic Toothbrush in hot water for 2 - 3 minutes. Once you've soaked your toothbrush, you should more easily be able to remove the brush head. You can help prevent this from happening in the future by removing the brush head every 3 - 4 weeks and wiping off any accumulated build-up.
Dr. Tung's Products warrants the IONIC toothbrush for one year from the purchase date against all defects in manufacturing, workmanship and power source failure. If within one year of date of purchase, this product fails to function because of defects in materials or workmanship, it can be returned for replacement.